Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Weirdos from another planet!
The other reason I don't even need to repeat, it's my standard excuse :-)
Anyways, while I was away, I was tagged by AFJ(who herself has been out of action for centuries), to list down six weird things about myself. Not too difficult a task, people who know me would say! So, here it is, in no particular order:
1) If someone comments on my food when I am in the process of eating it, I leave the food item there and then. Don't like anybody saying "don't eat this or you'll become fat" kind of things!
2) I talk to myself, aloud! Actually, I don't believe this is weird at all. I have checked it up with a lot of people and I now have a theory on this. The theory is: Almost everyone talks aloud to himself/herself, but only a few of us come out of the closet and admit it openly.
3) I have this violent hatred towards that green leafy food(food???) item that we call dhaniya, the Maharshtrians call kothambir, and the English speaking world knows as coriander or cilantro. In fact, I am a member of this global online community called ihatecilantro.com! Can't stand even one leaf in my food, and am known to return food in restaurants if I detect a single leaf in it, despite me having warned the waiter while placing the order itself.
4) Whenever I am agitated or nervous, I start rubbing my hands together. This habit has rubbed off on non-agitated, non-nervous times also, so you will often see me rubbing my hands together for no apparent reason. In many circles, I am recognized by my hand-rubbing habit rather than my face!
5) I have this inexplicable 'need' to come to office by 10AM everyday, howsover late I might have stayed up at night, working or partying. What makes it even more weird is that it is perfectly acceptable in our office to come in at any time, as long as you are delivering your work according to deadlines.
6) And finally, my OCD for grammar- it's too well-documented for me to repeat :-)
That does it. Got stuck towards the middle, and for a minute, I actually thought that I had only 3-4 weird habits. Then I introspected and said, "Naaaaah. not possible!" The balance ones flowed quite easily after that.
That's all folks, I hope I don't wait for another month before writing my next post!
May the Force be with you.
Did anyone else think that "to introspect" might in fact not really be a word but then go look it up in the OED and find out it is and then find oneself very thankful one had not been snarky about it without having all the facts?
gr8 to know abt that..n thing u write that everybody luves to speak abt themselves loud...im not totally agree with that becoze of the people also dont like that people know abt that..
nice to go through ur blog...
I actually do that to finish converstations in my head. Being not too bright, I usually think of a good repartee long after the party of the second part has departed... so I just play back the conversation in my head, do the repartee, and come away satisfied. Trouble is, I don't always do this when no one's looking. (My 2 year old son is the latest to proclaim my wierdness.)
sunshine-1: Congrats :-)
sunshine-2: Treading on dangerous territory again, aren't we? :-)
mojindro: thanks, and welcome to JDMHC.
EU: What to do? That is why I categorize it as a weird habit!
cloudy-1: Trust me, it is not as uncommon as we think it is, I've researched it quite extensively. Pretty soon your little monkey too will start doing it, and then he won't think it is weird any more :-)
sunshine: See, I told you so!
rita: Yup, it is weird, but I don't think I am unduly harsh on the waiters. It would've been so if I hadn't been fore-warning them!
adi: Sirf 6 ki hi rakhi thhi, main pagal thode hi hoon ki apni taraf se aur likh doon :-)
just me: It's a way of looking at things, it gets weird when you drink till 6AM and land at office at 10, with no one around!
your phentermine: Thanks!
sally: Forever enshrined in the minds of all tcp regulars as 'dear sally', thanks for the advice, but really don't have the time to earn extra money right now!
shruti: Thanks, and welcome to JDMHC!
sunshine: I get the hint ma'am, will hopefully be more regular in the future!
Dear sally, while you are always welcome to visit my blog and keep reading it again and again if you find it interesting, I would really appreciate if you restrict your comments to matters related to the post at hand! I REALLY don't want the extra money, health insurance, debt consolidation, tramadol, phentermine or valium that you have so kindly offered! My apologies for breaking your heart!