Friday, October 28, 2005

 

Musings on Diwali!

Another Diwali is here, another festival away from home, another 'occassion' spent doing nothing in Bombay. Would've loved to be back home in Delhi this time, cos I have the time and there's no mad work pressure, but...

So, why am I in Bombay this Diwali? Well, things are not always as simple as they seem. Going home right now will mean my getting slightly more than ghar ka khana and maa-baap ka pyaar! It is the nightmare of all chronic bachelors, it is called shaadi ka pressure.

Have been successfully avoiding getting into the marriage trap for a couple of years now. There is no method- Saam Daam Dand or Bhed, that my parents have not tried. But now, we have reached a stage where if I go to Delhi, I will be forced to 'see' at least a couple of girls. My Gawd!!! The very thought sends shivers up my spine! It's such a retrogade, imperfect, inane practice. How on earth am I supposed to evaluate a woman(and vice verse) in a single(or even a couple of) meetings? Will I ever be able to work up the courage to ever say yes, or worse, no to a girl? Extremely scary proposition!

So, I guess Bombay's the place to be this Diwali. Will hurt a bit, but the pros far outweigh the cons! And keep searching for that elusive 'perfect woman'! There she is... No it isn't...

Comments:
ye perfect schmerfect kuch nahi hota/hoti hai
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?